A volunteer is a professional recruited for her/his professional qualifications and her/his readiness to serve under volunteer conditions without regard to financial benefit. Becoming a volunteer at Haven Anti-AIDS Foundation expresses your support for the children and youth; that by working together we can make the world a better place for all. Our Volunteers benefit society as well as themselves through learning different skills within the organization.
How to volunteer
International HAF volunteers
- Acquiring education and/or health materials, fundraising either financial or gifts for underprivileged persons, Recommend the organization for partnerships and funding to run its programs, and sending professionals to share their expertise and information with our beneficiaries.
National HAF volunteers
- By joining the organization, you will be attached to different programs that are of your best interest. You’ll participate through mentorship sessions, training young people, organizing, and coordination our beneficiaries, among others.
Online HAF volunteers
- Through sharing our work on other social media platforms, you will connect us to different networks thereby securing us support to improve the lives of HIV/AIDS infected and affected persons.
- Participating in our events, meetings, conferences, brings more hope to HIV infected persons and brotherly love.
VOLUNTEER JOBS AVAILABLE
Program Coordinators (5 Positions)
To assist in planning, implementing and managing the program to provide support and services to children (7 – 14 years) and youth (15 – 35 years) infected and affected with HIV for self-sustainability.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and care for HIV Positive children
- Provide relevant HIV information to youth
- Organize youth events
- Engage youth in social and economic activities
- Participate in life skill development with youth
- Provide information on other services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanitarians
- Volunteers must be 21 years of age or older
- National Identity is mandatory
- Must not expect financial benefits
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good written and verbal skills
- Positive role model
- Ability to work in an often stressful environment
- Basic crisis intervention skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in a group and one on one setting
- Reliable and punctual
- To uphold confidentiality when dealing with children and youth
- To practice/employ respectful communication and listening skills with youth
- Participate as a HAF team member
Click Here to Download the Volunteer Application Form