MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship applications are open to young people worldwide in 2024. This program is a one-of-a-kind leadership opportunity for all young people between 18 and 26 years from around the world who want to address community issues in education, health, and economic stability. The year-long program equips young people to become change agents in their communities through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning.
The program team, mentors, and mentees all collaborate to make a difference in communities through new ideas and actual projects, thereby achieving the goal of Local Change Through Global Exchange®.
About the fellowship
MCW Global’s Young Leaders Fellowship begins with the Community Needs Assessment – A one-month community needs mapping that prepares young people, between the ages of 18-26, from around the world to understand their local communities better. After the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a one-month intensive Virtual Program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities. After Virtual Learning, participants spend 10-months developing their action plans with support from alumni mentors.
Benefits of the Fellowship
The MCW Global will cover the following costs for its Young Leaders Fellowship 2024.
- International Economy Flights
- Domestic Economy flights for U.S. fellows
- Housing from July 8 – July 18, 2024
- Three-time meals every day from July 9 – July 18, 2024
- Round Trip Journey from New York, New York to Burlington, Vermont
- Public Transportation to/from JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark Airports
Young Leaders Must:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community in the areas of education, health, or economic security;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (June 1, 2024);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Commit to doing the Community Needs Assessment in June, attending the 10-day in-person program in July, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and the internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Fellowship alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Fellowship graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation;
The online application must include the following supporting documents for the 2024 MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship:
- General Information
- Essay Questions
- Identify a community issue that you are concerned about. What would you do if you were in this situation?
- Describe an example when you faced a problem and used leadership skills to solve it.
- Resume (max. 1 page, Times New Roman font, 12-point font, 1-inch margins)
- Two recommendation letters
- Your letters should come from familiar people with your work ethic and community involvement.
- Letters of recommendation from friends and family members are not acceptable.
At the top of the letter, recommenders should indicate their name, job, contact information, and relationship to the candidate.
- Waiver of Liability
- Please read the terms and conditions at the end of the application.
Application Deadline: 12th November 2023
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply