Applications are now open for the 2022 Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation Grant Cycle. The Foundation will support eligible non-profit organizations and social enterprise across the African Continent, in the areas of Health, Entrepreneurship, Environment and Leadership through funding.
Calling on non-profit organizations and social enterprises in the areas of health, entrepreneurship, environment and leadership! Are you creative, innovative and passionate about improving human capacity and development? Do you have ideas that can change the business landscape in Africa? Apply now!
The foundation’s Health initiatives focuses on prostate, breast cancer, prostate cancer cervical cancer, malaria interventions, maternal and child health. Entrepreneurial initiatives will focus on skills development and financial literacy programs; with Environmental projects being centered on waste management and water sanitation. Their focus on Leadership is crucial to Africa’s development and will be hinged on youth and capacity building.
- Health: ACT Foundation is avid about contributing to the development of a healthy and productive nation. We believe that if individuals live healthy lives then they can be empowered to lift themselves out of poverty and be productive members of the society. They will support organizations that focus on health initiatives such as Malaria, Cancer (Breast Cervical and Prostrate), Maternal and Child Health. Such initiatives could involve Education, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management.
- Entrepreneurship: ACT Foundation will support initiatives that improve the lives of individuals and families through Income generation and economic empowerment. This can include projects that provide access to funds (grants, products) for MSMEs and provide vital business trainings as well as technical assistance to aid entrepreneurs start up or expand their businesses so as to improve their livelihoods and generate jobs. Projects should be targeted at Low-income families and Micro, Small and medium sized Enterprises.
- Environment: The foundation will partner with non – profit organizations with a focus on critical environmental problems in Nigeria such as, Water and Sanitation (Waste Management).
- Leadership: The foundation recognizes that we have leadership challenges as a nation and there is a need to build a new generation of credible, accountable and ethical leaders who will propel the continent towards sustainable economic development. They will support organizations with a focus on developing the leadership skills of individuals particularly Youth, in Governance, economic development, organizational and professional development. They will also partner on initiatives that promote thought leadership and national development.
All registered Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), community groups/ community-based organisations, charitable organisations, faith-based organisations/foundations and social enterprises working in Africa are eligible to apply for the ACT Foundation grant.
- Organizations must work within the ACT Foundation’s focus areas of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Environment.
- Organizations applying for this grant should be registered with the appropriate legal entity within their respective (African) countries for not less than. TWO years (24 months).
- Must be legally registered as a nonprofit organization. (GTE/LTD). However, if you are applying as a social enterprise, the Foundation will only fund initiatives that are not for profit.
- It is required that you show a strong governance structure. Kindly note that the details of the board of directors should reflect in the company’s registration documents. If not, please update.
- You will be required to show evidence of other sources of funding.
- The organization applying is required to have a minimum staff strength of 3 part time/full time paid Individuals.
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
- Program/Initiative must be implemented in within Africa;
- Program must be innovative and impact driven
The Foundation only recognizes communication in English. All applications and further correspondences must be communicated only in English.
How To Apply
The grant application process is an online process, therefore email application, hard copy application or any form of funding request will not be accepted. Only organizations whose applications are successful will be contacted to submit full proposals.
The Call for Application portal will open 13th October 2022 and close 7th of November 2022 11:59 pm (WAT).
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply