Are you a young African Entrepreneur trying to grow and scale-up your business or you have an enterprise that brings income to you and your friends? Then apply for the Anzisha Prize for Young African Entrepreneurs award 2022.
The Anzisha Prize is a venture building fellowship program that aims to support and champion young entrepreneurs to realise their business and entrepreneurship dreams.
The fellowship is a three-year program that celebrates and rewards business growth. During the course of the three years, the program will track the performance of the business and the entrepreneur. Businesses that show exemplary growth and initiative are rewarded with benefits and services such as short courses, cloud services and cash stipends. At the end of the second year, entrepreneurs will pitch their businesses and successes for a chance to win their share of prizes to the value $140,000
To be considered for the Anzisha Prize, applicants must meet the following:
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before September 1, 1998 or after August 31, 2006, will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/beneficiaries.
- The Anzisha Prize isn’t awarded for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! Get started now and ensure you have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started up the project together).
Selection Criteria: To be selected as one of our 12 Anzisha Fellows, your business or project will be judged on the following 5 criteria:
- Already Running Venture: Is the venture established with customers and beneficiaries? Does the venture deliver value to said beneficiaries and customers?
- Founder-led: Is the venture led and managed by the founder?
- Impact: Has the venture demonstrated some impact already?
- Scalability: If the venture is a for-profit business, does it already earn revenues and does it have potential increase revenues with the support of Anzisha? If the venture is a not-for-profit enterprise, does it already reach beneficiaries and does it have the potential to reach many more beneficiaries with support from Anzisha?
- Job Creation: Has the venture created some jobs and has the potential to create more high quality jobs?
To be selected as one of our Anzisha Fellows, you must demonstrate the two following qualities:
- Venture leader: Are you the leader of your venture and do you drive both venture strategy and operations?
- Commitment: Do you spend at least 20 hours a week or more on your business and will you continue to do so after selection?
Value of Award: The Anzisha Prize is a venture building fellowship program that has successfully supported and championed very young entrepreneurs for over 10 years.
The fellowship is a three year program that celebrates and rewards business growth.
During the course of the three years, the program will track the performance of the business and the entrepreneur. Businesses that show exemplary growth and initiative are rewarded with benefits and services such as short courses, cloud services and cash stipends.
At the end of the second year, entrepreneurs will pitch their businesses and successes for a chance to win their share of prizes to the value $140 000.
The Grand Prizes are split into 4 categories
- The Job Creation Prize
- Revenue Growth Prize
- Storytelling Prize
- Integrating Systems and Processes Prize
At the end of the three year fellowship, the fellows will graduate and join the Anzisha Prize alumni network.
Timeline/Duration of Award: The fellowship is a three year program
20 October 2021 – Applications Open
31 November 2021 – Applications Close
January – March 2022 – Phone Interviews, Assignments and Due Diligence visits
April 2022 – Announcement of Top 26
August 2022 – Anzisha Prize Induction
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Anzisha Prize for young Africans 2022 are to apply online on or before the application deadline. Application deadline: 31st November 2021.
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply