The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa is pleased to announce Businesses, Ideas & Startups (B.I.S) Grant Program 2021 that aims to empower Africans to thrive in a daunting economy by equipping them with financing, training and mentorship. Whether its just an idea or an established business, the program is structured to assist you access funds.
5,000 participants would be selected to receive a grant of $25,000 in cash and $10,000 in training.
Citizens from 54 member countries of the African Union.
- Age: Applicant must be above the age of 16 years and below 65 years.
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a bona fide citizen of an African country.
- Education: Applicant must have at least completed secondary or high school education.
- Conferencing Tool: Applicant must have a close-by device to initiate a video conferencing call.
The process to acquire the grant is categorized into three stages:
- Application Stage: Firstly, applicants shall apply via the online form. Within 4-5 working days, an applicant should receive a positive or negative feedback from the assessment team.
- Interview Stage: Applicants who receive positive feedbacks shall have a virtual interview with a United Nations assessment representative. Within 48-72 hours, the interview result should be disclosed.
- Verification Stage: Finalist shall go through a process of thorough verification before any disbursement can be initiated.
What They’re Looking Out For
Criteria used in evaluating applications and awarding grants include:
- Financials: How our grant funds would really contribute to the growth of your idea, startup or business.
- Integrity: Your application should be filled with acurate information as they often verify applicant claims.
- Team: Explain why you or your team (if any) is best equipped to execute your idea, startup or business.
- Broader Impact: During the interview, share how our grant funds would impact your society at large.
Other Opportunities to Apply