OMLA intends to harness the positive energy of youth and help train a whole new generation of leaders in Africa who can help put the continent on a more sustainable course.
By 2030, they hope to raise one million young leaders who will be connected, inspired and empowered to transform Africa starting from their local communities. Twenty (20) OMLA Fellows are selected from across Africa. They look for young people who aspire to build a movement of youth working for change in communities across Africa.
OMLA Fellows are trained in:
- Leadership for a better future
- Social innovation and social entrepreneurship
- Each OMLA fellow will receive a monthly fellowship stipend for $50 to cover costs of internet and other logistics incurred for training OMLA stars.
- In addition to intensive training and network building, OMLA will offer Fellows professional development support, including mentorship and a $500 for professional development support (given at the successful completion of the fellowship year).
- Under 40 years of age.
- Based in Africa.
- Fluent in English.
- Have the habit of reading and be committed to it; should be able to read and give an assessment of at least 3 out of six recommended books within nine (9) months.
- Have reliable access to a fast and stable internet connection.
- Able to commit at least one year as an OMLA Fellow (This is not a full-time commitment. You can do this fellowship while you stay on your job).
- Able to travel.
How To Apply
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply