Call for Applications: Women in Africa (WIA) Young Leaders Program 2022
The Young Leaders Programme is a catalyst for training young women leaders at the beginning of their careers.
Women in Africa is launching the second edition of the WIA young leaders’ program, developed in partnership with Christian Dior Couture, investment bank Lazard Freres and Global digital leader Huawei. After a successful and remarkable first edition, WIA and its patrons continue to support and highlight young African women leaders who are called upon to play a major role in Africa’s revolution.
The 8 winners will benefit from a tailor-made training course whose themes will be linked to female leadership and the skills of tomorrow. Then, in the fall of 2022, they will benefit from a “business stay” in a world economic capital to:
- be put in touch with personalities and mentors at the highest level such as CEOs, ministers, journalists, personalities from the business world or the public, and accomplished entrepreneurs
- be trained in board of directors, media training, career coaching and other personalized training
- benefit from high media visibility
A personalized follow-up will be set up by WIA, which will identify the individual needs of the Young Leaders and respond precisely to the increase in skills of each of them.
- Woman between 25 and 40 years old (flexibility possible depending on the level of experience)
- Born in an African country or having parents born in an African country.
- Involvement in the development of the continent and social commitment
- Leadership skills (humility, empathy and resilience)
- Particular attention will be paid to candidates for “self-made” courses.
- Vision of what the Africa of tomorrow should be.
- Willingness to reconcile business conduct, social impact and public/private dialogue.
- Ability to one day take on responsibilities at the highest level.
- Great capacity for conviction combined with a taste for teamwork.
- Francophone, Anglophone, ideally bilingual.
All young African women who contribute to building a dynamic, innovative and inclusive Africa are invited to apply for the program. The deadline for submitting an application an application is 15th April 2022 at midnight (Paris Time)
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply
Also Apply for the Strategic-Technical Support Program – Capacity Building for NGOs and CBOs