Are you leading change and inspiring others in your community, organization, or network? Are you using education to engage people in building a sustainable future? If yes, then you can apply for environmental education (EE) 30 Under 30 Class of 2022 program!
The North American Association for Environmental Education’s (NAAEE) EE 30 Under 30 recognizes outstanding leaders from around the world who are using environmental education (EE) to create stronger, healthier communities.
The EE 30 Under 30 Class of 2022 will receive global recognition, join a growing community of inspiring EE leaders, and receive ongoing opportunities for professional development and networking, including scholarship opportunities to attend the 2022 NAAEE conference. They know that environmental education and leadership take many different forms, and welcome applicants from across sectors and disciplines.
EE 30 Under 30 celebrates the unique and passionate leadership of talented young leaders around the world and gives them a professional boost to increase their impact. Each year their awardees join a growing alumni network of inspiring environmental education leaders and receive ongoing opportunities to network, grow professionally, and promote their work. This program is made possible by the Global Environmental Education Partnership, and the U.S. Forest Service.
Some examples of showing leadership can include:
- Building partnerships and fostering collaboration
- Promoting a clear, shared vision for change in your community
- Adapting to change and uncertainty
- Finding innovative solutions to challenges
- Creating space for equitable participation and engagement
- Mentoring or coaching others
- Listening to the needs of your community, colleagues, or others
- Nominees must be 30 years old or under (as of December 31, 2022). They accept nominees from any country in the world.
- Nominations must be submitted in English, but your nomination will not be judged based on your English ability.
- You can submit more than one nomination (e.g. yourself and someone else, or nominate two different people), but you must submit a separate nomination for each person (they do not accept joint nominations).
- Must be 30 years old or younger on December 31, 2022.
- Must use environmental education in their work.
- Must demonstrate leadership through their work.
- Applicants can be located anywhere in the world!
Nominations are open
Deadline: April 11 at 11:59 PM US Eastern Time
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply