Nominations for World Food Prize are now open that advance human development with a demonstrable increase in the quantity, quality, availability of, or access to food through creative interventions at any point within the full scope of the food system.
- The $250,000 award recognizes contributions in any field involved in the world food supply.
Field of Achievements
- Fields of achievement include, but are not limited to:
- Soil and land;
- Plant and animal science;
- Food science and technology;
- Rural development;
- Food processing, packaging and storage;
- Water and the environment;
- Natural resource conservation;
- Physical infrastructure;
- Transportation and distribution;
- Special or extraordinary feeding programs;
- Social organization and poverty elimination;
- Economics and finance;
- Policy analysis and implementation; and
- Public advocacy.
- Any academic institution, private or public organization, or governmental unit may submit a nomination for the World Food Prize;
- Any such entity may submit as many nominations as it sees fit;
- All nominations are confidential, and the identities of the nominators and the nominating organization are kept in strict confidence;
- Individuals may generate nominations, but the nomination must be endorsed by, and submitted through, an academic institution, private or public organization, or governmental unit;
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- This exceptionally significant achievement must be shown to have resulted in a demonstrable increase in the quantity, quality, availability of, or access to food for a large number of people;
- The impact of this achievement must be measurable, quantifiable, or otherwise demonstrated either in terms of reduced poverty, hunger, or suffering; or enhanced health, nutrition, quality of life and well-being;
- It must be clearly shown that this increase in food security was the direct result of the specific actions and activities of the nominee; i.e., without his or her specific accomplishment, no change would have occurred;
- A nominee must be living and in sufficiently good health to attend the World Food Prize Award Ceremony. The nominee must be able to give an acceptance speech and agree to participate in selected media events and the World Food Prize Global Youth Institute at the time of the Award Ceremony;
- The Prize is intended to be awarded to one person. In exceptional circumstances where an additional person (or persons) has collaborated in an indispensable way, more than one person may be included in the nomination.
Application Deadline: 1-May-23
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply