The Echoing Green Fellowship, an innovative and prestigious 18-month program, has been making waves in the world of social entrepreneurship since its inception in 1987. This remarkable initiative was founded on the profound belief that the most effective approach to addressing pressing global challenges is to invest in visionary leaders armed with audacious ideas. With its unwavering commitment to fostering positive change, the Echoing Green Fellowship stands as a beacon of hope for those who dare to dream big and seek to usher in a better, more equitable world.
At its core, the Echoing Green Fellowship seeks to identify and support extraordinary individuals from all corners of the globe who possess the audacity to envision a world free from the shackles of racism and inequality, where all people can thrive. These visionary leaders, often working at the early stages of their social enterprises, demonstrate an intimate understanding of the challenges they aim to tackle. They are change agents who reflect the very communities they serve, bringing to the table a profound knowledge of the issues at hand, and a commitment to co-designing innovative solutions alongside the people they strive to empower.
The Echoing Green Fellowship casts its net wide, welcoming social entrepreneurs engaged in a variety of critical issue areas, including education, climate justice, human rights, health, economic opportunity, gender equity, racial equity, and social justice. The program seeks to cultivate a diverse cohort of Fellows who collectively represent the dynamic tapestry of the global social impact landscape.
For those fortunate enough to be selected as Echoing Green Fellows, the benefits are substantial and transformational. Fellows also gain access to a network of experienced social entrepreneurs, offering invaluable mentorship and guidance. They embark on a journey of personal and professional growth through tailored leadership development training. Moreover, they become part of a global community of changemakers, forging connections and collaborations that transcend borders and amplify their impact.
- Mentorship: Fellows receive mentorship from experienced social entrepreneurs and business leaders.
- Leadership development training: Fellows participate in leadership development training to help them build their skills and knowledge.
- Access to a network: Fellows gain access to a network of resources and support, including a community of other Fellows, a pool of mentors, and a variety of online and offline resources.
- Opportunity to make a difference: Fellows have the opportunity to make a real difference in the world by working on their organizations and solving social problems.
- A two-week orientation in New York City.
- Ongoing support from Echoing Green staff and mentors.
- Opportunities to connect with other social entrepreneurs and changemakers.
- The chance to be part of a community of leaders who are working to make the world a better place.
- Must be 18 years or older by June 1, 2024.
- Able to communicate proficiently in English.
- An original founder or a leading member of the proposed organization’s original founding team.
- The primary decision maker for the organization.
- Able to work full time on the proposed organization throughout the 18-month Fellowship.
- Independent but may have a fiscal sponsor, as long as the fiscal sponsor has no authority over the organization’s work and decision making.
- Operates independently and autonomously from any parent organization.
- In the early stage of its development and in need of financial and non-financial resources to become sustainable.
- Does not use lobbying to further its mission or goals.
- Does not promote or recruit for a specific religious faith.
- No founding team members or people in a leadership position have previously received an Echoing Green Fellowship
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application Deadline: 2nd November 2023
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply