Can you imagine the power of your ideas resonating worldwide? We invite you to channel your entrepreneurial spirit and develop fresh ideas.
Seize the chance to make a tangible impact and be recognized for your contribution to building a future-fit food system that produces healthy and sustainable food for all.
This competition is your platform to make a tangible impact on building a sustainable and resilient food system.
Who we are
The world’s largest and most dynamic food innovation community. We create connections right across the food system that stimulate new ideas and innovations to drive change: between startups and corporates; between food entrepreneurs and investors; between consumers and industry; between research and action; between ideas and reality; between present and future.
Supported by the EU, we invest in projects, organisations and individuals that share our goals for a healthy and sustainable food system.
Our innovation projects are delivered with a combination of industry, education and research partners to improve environmental and health outcomes by developing solutions that align with our three missions:
- Healthier Lives Through Food: We will make a material difference to quality of life by enabling more consumers to have better choices through access to affordable, healthier food products and actionable information.
- Net Zero Food System: We will enable the transition to a net zero food system, measuring and quantifying the change through reduced CO2 equivalent emissions.
- Reducing Risk for a Fair and Resilient Food System: We’ll improve food security and safety for consumers everywhere by enabling and establishing resilient and dependable digitally enabled food supply chains.
- The competition is open to individuals aged 18 years or older.
- Only a single entry per person is allowed.
- There are three prizes in each mission category: 1st – €1000, 2nd – €750 and 3rd – €500.
- The 1st-placed winner in each mission category will compete against each other for the EIT Food Champion prize of a further €2000.
- Prizes are non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or any other alternatives.
- Participants must complete the first 4 sections of the course. Section 5 is the competition section which requires you to create and submit 4 slides.
- Participants must have and provide a valid bank account in their name.
- Each idea submission must be linked to one of the EIT Food missions and must cover each of these areas
Application Deadline: December 31st, 2023
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply