Global Agrifood Techpreneur Programme 2023
The global agrifood techpreneur is focused on supporting young graduates to engage in addressing key food sustainability challenges in their country to improve food production and distribution, end hunger, end obesity and malnutrition while preventing food waste. Their priority is to empower sustainable local food production and distribution.
How It Works
- Each year, young graduates are invited to submit an application about a food system challenge in their country and their solution to addressing it. All qualified proposals submitted for AgriFood TechPreneur programme will be promoted in March as they celebrate World Engineering Day for Sustainable Development. All qualified AgriFood TechPreneur will be enrolled in a 6 week interactive course on Entrepreneurship, Tech and Sustainability in the Food System starting in April and supported by RBS via Business Builder platform. They are also working with world class business schools across the globe to ensure that the course case studies are very informative and impactful. All AgriFood TechPreneurs will have access to the World Food tracker for free for one year to plan their farm set up and sell their AgriFood Produce. They are pleased to provide this amazing support to the AgriFood TechPreneurs while providing them with additional benefits such as sourcing sustainable nutrient, seeds, fry/fingerlings, chicks, piglets, etc. as well as sustainable farm machineries.
- Where relevant, the AgriFood TechPreneurs will adjust their proposals based on the knowledge they have acquired during the 6 week interactive course on Entrepreneurship, Tech and Sustainability in the Food System. The updated proposal will be shared with the expert panel for evaluation and recommendation for support. All supports made available to the AgriFood TechPreneurs will be dependent on the quality of their proposal, their participation at the he 6 week interactive course on Entrepreneurship, Tech and Sustainability in the Food System and the supports that their partners can provide to them. These supports will be announced in June as they celebrate World Sustainable Gastronomy Day; providing more visibility for the AgriFood TechPreneurs. Through their partnership with Financial Institutions, they will support the AgriFood TechPreneurs to apply for finance to start or scale up their solution by improving their business plan based on the learning from the 6 week interactive course on Entrepreneurship, Tech and Sustainability in the Food System. Where a small scale trial is feasible, they will encourage the AgriFood TechPreneur to explore it as it will boost their business plan.
- Open to young graduates and Agrifood Techpreneurs;
- Be from anywhere in the world;
- Demonstrate interest in addressing key food sustainability challenges in their country.
How To Apply
The application deadline is February 20, 2023 at 11:59pm, GMT+1. The training period is 6 weeks starting from beginning of April.
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply
Also Apply for the Strategic-Technical Support Program – Capacity Building for NGOs and CBOs