Applications are now open for the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award to honor an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending extreme poverty.
The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the United Nation’s Global Goals, and accelerate global problem solving.
- The award includes a US$250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
Entrants will be selected based on individual merit and organizational strength in advancing one or more of the United Nation Global Goals for Sustainable Development (“Global Goals”), based on the following five (5) criteria:
- Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- Global Citizenship
- Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- Technology Innovation
- Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
- They accept applications from all over the world, with the exception of countries and entities subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entities of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize money.
- They accept applications from any individual who is doing impactful work and who has a registered legal entity such as non-profit, for-profit, B-corp, social enterprise, etc.
- The Prize will be awarded to an individual, but the money will be allocated to their nominated organization that the individual works for.
- They are glad you are passionate about making a difference in the global community. However, this Prize is for individuals who have a (recommended) demonstrated impact over the last 3-5 years so the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award may not be right for you.
- Applicants must apply for the Prize themselves.
- They are only able to accept applications in English.
Application Deadline: 15-Dec-23
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply