The Global Resilience Partnership (GRP), through The Resilience Knowledge Coalition, is hosting a social media competition in the lead-up to the Resilience Hub at COP27.
Submit an entry to stand a chance to win $1,000 USD, be showcased at key GRP events, and have your work displayed on all GRP’s social media channels. Students and young professionals are welcome to submit visual and audio entries that depict what they and their communities are doing to tackle the impacts of climate change.
About the Contest
Theme: What are you and your community doing to build resilience to the impacts of climate change?
- Are there any innovative solutions in your community?
- How are you accelerating climate action in your community?
All entries must:
- Address a challenge in your community/country in relation to the impacts of climate change;
- Provide opportunities for building and enhancing resilience in your community.
- The top 5 entries will be awarded $1,000 USD;
- Have their work showcased during the COP27 Resilience Hub, and featured on GRP’s social media.
- Open to students and young professionals;
- Applicants may be from all the countries except Crimea region of Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria.
How To Apply
Submit either of the following:
- 30-60 second visual or audio entry of any format (120 mbs): short films, interviews, documentaries, poems, songs, etc.
- Provide subtitles with all video and audio entries, provide English translations of entries not submitted in English or French, and provide a script of your entry to ensure the content is translated properly.
- A series of photos telling your story.
You can submit your entry in either of the following ways:
- Social Media: Entrants may submit their material by posting on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok or an unlisted YouTube link. Be sure to use the official contest hashtag #COPResiliencehub #Art4Resilience;
- Google Drive link: Entrants may submit material by granting access “anyone with the link can VIEW”. Please remember to add your name and country as the name of the drive;
- WhatsApp: Entrants may submit audio and visual materials via WhatsApp. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to submit the video/photo via WhatsApp. Remember to fill in the form that you will be sent in order to submit through WhatsApp, and add your name and country to your file.
- Application Deadline: October 16, 2022
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply