The Global Startup Awards (GSA) Africa is expanding its footprint in 2021. Africa’s fastest-growing innovation community invites all innovation leaders to access new markets, funding and a global network of leaders
With a vision to see African innovations contributing to global solutions, The GIIG Africa Foundation aims to discover, cultivate, and connect African tech entrepreneurs so that they have access to enabling resources, thrive in their businesses and develop their local economy while offering solutions to the world.
The GIIG Africa Foundation is committed to aligning with several thematic areas of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals UN SDGS in balancing social, economic and environmental sustainability.
Through its programme, the Global Startup Awards Africa, the GIIG Africa Foundation will, find UN SDG aligned tech innovation startups from all 55 African nations, including women and youth. With the objective to impact Africa’s economy and world solutions by providing greater awareness of and therefore an upsurge in locally driven development (as opposed to development aid).
Following a selection criteria and a shortlisting of applicants, enterprise skills will be cultivated via an identification of gaps, before facilitating development tracks in business strategy, communications and marketing, networking skills, financial management, monitoring, impact measuring, mentoring and coaching
The search is on across all 55 countries to identify solutions in multiple categories with a focus on financial inclusion, HealthTech, AgriTech, Fintech, renewable energy, sustainability and women-in-tech.
Working with local innovation ecosystem players in each of our regions, GSA Africa will earmark those innovation leaders with tech-based startups solving the biggest problems facing Africa and the world such as global warming and climate change.
- Mobility & Logistics
- Commerce Tech
- Best Web 3.0 Startup
- Best Green Tech Startup
- Diversity Role Model of the Year
- Best Health Tech Startup
- Ecosystem of the Year
- Best Co-Working Space
- Best Accelerator/ Incubator Program
- VC of the Year
- Best Newcomer
- Founder of the Year
- Startup of the Year
- The Global Startup Awards bring together high impact startups and investors from over 100 countries across the globe. The network offers participants the opportunity to meet prospective mentors, partners, clients, and gain access to the latest industry trends.
- The competition process also brings together local ambassadors, country partners, national jury members, international jury members as well as key advisors to discover winners in all aspects of the startup ecosystem.
- The African Startup Awards connects the best of African tech startups across the continent to a global network of leading investors and innovation ecosystems. The African Startup Awards will offer startups access to:
- New Markets
- Funding Opportunities
- A Global Network Of Leaders
- Exposure On A Global Stage
The African startup awards regions:
- Southern Africa Startup Awards
- South Africa
- Northern Africa Startup Awards
- Sahrawi Republic
- Eastern Africa Startup Awards
- South Sudan
- Western Africa Startup Awards
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Côte d’Ivoire
- The Gambia
- Sierra Leone
- Central Africa Startup Award
- Equatorial Guinea
- Republic of the Congo
- São Tomé and Príncipe
Applications are open:
Click Below to Apply
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply