The Global Youth Coalition invites you to generate impact in your local community and support realizing the demands and commitments of the Global Youth Statement with your peers at the grassroots level by applying to the Local Actions call-to-applications 2023.
We encourage you to identify the most pressing road safety challenge in your city and propose a solution that effectively responds to it within one of the following priority areas: community mobilization and awareness, peer-to-peer engagement, advocacy, and infrastructure change.
What are Local Actions
A local action is a short-term or mid-term grassroots action plan oriented to address the most pressing issues in the city or area where you belong. This project must have a tangible contribution to the Global Youth Statement for Road Safety achievement and a clear connection with the Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2021-2030.
Projects must be conceived, led, and implemented by young people (18-35) and focused on one or more of the four priorities: community mobilization & awareness, advocacy, peer-to-peer empowerment, and/or infrastructure change.
We will select the most innovative proposals and award the winners with a seed fund of 5,000 euros and mentorship and will support them in developing a detailed project plan.
Who is eligible
- Projects must be conceived, led, and implemented by young people between 18 – 35 years;
- Projects must be focused on one or more of the four priorities;
- Community mobilization and awareness
- Peer to peer empowerment
- Infrastructure change
How to Apply
· Before signing up to join Local Actions 2023, make sure that you’ve read our guidelines. The new set of rules is different from the ones we previously had, so we highly encourage you to be familiar with all the requirements so that your application process goes as smoothly as possible.
· One of the requirements for this year’s round of Local Actions is the completion of the first two modules uploaded at YOURS Academy on The Global Road Safety Problem and Youth and The Safe System Approach and Risk Factors. Applicants must have both certificates of completion to be eligible for the call for proposals. If you haven’t enrolled yet, there’s still time!
· After finalizing our requirements, you can now fill out our application form. Here, you will introduce yourself, the organization you will work with, the project you plan to lead, and other important details. Please make sure to double-check everything before submitting so that everything is clear on your end and ours.
· Upon completing the requirements, you can now send in your application. Make sure you have all the attachments for upload ready (i.e. application form, YOURS Academy certificates, etc.). As with the application form, review all the details before hitting “submit” to avoid duplication of applications.
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply