The GradInternship program encompasses internship opportunities for international students with placements in different sectors of their interest. These are placed in companies, institutions and organizations from different fields focusing on learning and skills development in Businesses, Education sectors, Health care, Agriculture, capacity building, among others for a specified period of time to support, learn new cultures, share knowledge, learn new skills and experience new lifestyles. The program enables interns to have access to networking opportunities and ongoing professional development through learning new cultures from our communities.
About the GradInternship
The GradInternship Program aims to equip international students / graduates with the skills and practical experience required to work, lead and contribute to development efforts. Interns will benefit from intensive training at the start of their placement including project management, public speaking, networking, among others. Each intern will be assigned a mentor at their host company, institution and organization who will provide advice and guidance throughout their placement. In addition, Habitation for Empowerment Network will monitor each intern during their work to assess progress and offer support. Intern students / graduates will be engaged in activities including travelling and touring across the pearl of Africa at different destinations.
Upon successful completion of the GradInternship program, all participating students/graduates will join a vibrant alumni network through which they can access further training opportunities, career guidance and exposure to prospective employers.
As a part of the internship, each international student will undertake an individually tailored programme based in Uganda which will include:
- Orientation for 2 days at your residence
- Working in an organization/institution/company for the specified internship period (normally in an organisation or field very different to your usual workplace or practice) where you’ll be working on a ‘live’ project set by your host organisation.
- Working/Studying from 9:00am through to 4:00pm from Monday to Thursday – learning, sharing and networking
- Attending relevant workshops / conferences
- An intensive team project with your host organization/institution/company
- Participating in community and study visits with sector networking
- Participating in weekend destination tours across the Pearl of Africa (Friday – Saturday)
- Writing a paper on your internship experience
Depending on the University schedule, the internship is quarterly based as follows;
- January – March
- April – June
- July – September
- October – December
- Acquiring skills from different destination
- Mentor – Mentee partnership
- Cultural diversity from different destinations
- Partnerships with international community
- Fun filled trips across the country
- Exchange in knowledge, ideas and innovations
- New opportunities through networking
- Applications are open for individuals, students, groups, and graduates from all over the world;
- Applicants must return to the country they were selected from at the end of the period of the internship
- Applicant must be based or attached to a university or higher institution of learning
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism or mentorship
- Have strong social and communication skills
- An energetic, positive attitude
- A demonstrated interest in the preferred sector
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others