Hurford Youth Fellowship Program 2023 for Young Leaders (Fully Funded to Washington D.C)
Do you have great ideas about how to promote democracy in your community? Then be ready to apply for Hurford Youth Democracy Leadership Exchange Program 2023. The Hurford Youth Fellowship is open for all applicants worldwide to build leadership skills and harness the potential of a young democracy.
The Hurford Youth Fellowship Program seeks to build the leadership skills and harness the potential of young democracy activists from around the world. Through the Program, young activists spend three months at the World Movement’s Secretariat, during which they expand their global connections, share experiences with other activists from democracy movements around the world, and contribute to the development of the World Movement for Democracy. Hurford Youth Fellows engage in strategic meetings; conduct research; and organize and lead presentations, online discussions, and information-sharing sessions on key democracy issues. Upon the successful completion of each fellowship, the fellows serve as a regional/country focal point, working with the Hurford Youth Fellowship Alumni Network to remain involved and take the lead in youth-related activities.
- Monthly stipend
- Health insurance
- Free roundtrip tickets
- Facilitate online discussions
- All fellows will participate in relevant events and discussions in Washington, D.C.
Hurford Youth Fellowship Program is a fully-funded international youth exchange program. The scholarship will cover all expenses during the duration of the program, such as:
- Each fellow will receive a monthly scholarship for housing expenses
- Health plan
- Round-trip airfare tickets to and from Washington, D.C.
- Fellows have a fully equipped office, which includes Internet and email access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long-distance phone calls.
- Age limit: A participant must be no older than 30 years of age.
- Participants must demonstrate social or democratic activism in their communities or worldwide.
- Young leaders affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply.
- Participants should great have knowledge of the English Language.
Applicants must use the following documents on the online application form.
- Application form
- CV/ Resume
- Two letters of recommendation
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply
Also Apply for the Strategic-Technical Support Program – Capacity Building for NGOs and CBOs