The Japan-Africa Investment Drive is a funding accelerator that attempts to match high-potential African startups with qualified Japanese Venture Capitals and offers tight support to both the startup and the investor throughout the engagement to maximize the likelihood of investment.
The Japan-Africa Investment Drive is a cohort-based investment accelerator that aims to “clinically” match high-potential African startups with suitable Japanese VCs and provide close support to both the startup and the investor throughout the engagement to maximize the prospect of investment.
Eight African Startups will be selected and supported for fundraising. Up to 15 active Japanese investors are expected to participate. There will be two months of intense engagements between Investors and startups.
Program Benefits include:
Possibility of direct investment
- Direct investment from our partner venture capital firm Japan Strategic Capital (JSC) co. will be considered for 8 chosen startups.
- The over 15 Japanese VCs on the curated list will be exposed to the chosen startups. The investor engagement will also get close support, including meeting scheduling, pitch deck translation, and the provision of interpreters for investor meetings.
Support for fundraising
- Selected startups will receive extensive legal, cultural, and administrative assistance during the financing process. On how to attract and close Japanese investment, customized one-on-one training and group seminars will also be offered.
The criteria for selection are as follows;
- B2B, B2C & B2B2C startups
- Have Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in place
- Have at least $5m valuation
- Post MVP
- Post Traction (minimum of $10k MRR) of the startup
- $500k investment and above
- December 19th: Applications close, and the 8 startups are selected.
- Investment accelerator: Defining investment fit
- Pitch refinement – Intro to Japanese venture space
- January 31st 2023: Demo day
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply