At Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS), One Young World is proud to support the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 4 to reduce gender disparities to create a more gender-equitable education system globally and to empower girls to transform communities around the world.
As a company, they truly believe in investing and developing the next generation of female leaders despite the discouraging statistics seen worldwide. BMS believes that everyone irrespective of gender have equal access to education and future opportunities. To do this, BMS welcomes solutions that encompass intersectionality to deepen the understanding of and ability to improve the real-life experiences of marginalized groups in STEM.
Sustainable Development Goal 4 aims to close this gap, particularly target 4.5, which aims to eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education and vocational training for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations
This challenge welcomes solutions from young innovators that include interventions such as:
- Removing barriers for women and girls to access education in areas where large gender gaps are present.
- Educating the government, employers, academic institutions, and family members on the business case for gender equity.
- Eliminating gender and other stereotypes from learning materials and teaching approaches.
- Creating a teacher mentorship / training program that focuses on gender-responsive pedagogies and invest in platforms that helps women from all backgrounds find professional careers in the STEM field.
- Investing in girls’ education in STEM through funding and scholarship programs.
- Creating affordable distance learning opportunities that prioritize girls’ safety.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo from 16 to 19 May
- A US $ 50,000 grant from Bristol Myers Squibb
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Bristol Myers Squibb professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organization, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 4 supported by Bristol Myers Squibb.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Market ready: Product / service already in market or ready to go to market.
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and / or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and / or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and / or being transported to other regions.
Application: Click here to start Application
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply