The Social Innovators Programme honours young changemakers by equipping and empowering them with the necessary skills and resources for establishing long-term social enterprises.
LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme (SIP) is an accelerator fellowship that empowers young changemakers through a holistic approach to building their capacity, connections and credibility. It was borne out of the understanding of the challenges faced by most young social enterprises faced with challenges such as early-stage funding, resource and connection deficit that hamper their growth and sustainability.
The Social Innovators Programme is designed to build capacity, connections and credibility for social innovators. This is achieved through a 5-day physical enterprise sustainability workshop, virtual Coaching and networking Calls; Immersive one-on-one Mentoring sessions; Monthly virtual webinar sessions and site visits.
All sessions are mandatory, exemption from a session must be made with prior notice to the SIP team. Full participation in these sessions would determine graduation from the fellowship. There may be occasional optional sessions that highlight special and or timely opportunities. In total, participants can expect to dedicate an average of 12–14 hours per month over the course of the fellowship.
- Most Outstanding Fellows Award: The Outstanding Fellow Award is the longest-running Award on the Social Innovators Programme and was instituted by the lead sponsor from inception to recognize that fellow(s) who has exemplified the tenets of sustainable social innovation and utmost professionalism throughout the fellowship programme.
- Innocent Chukwuma Social Entrepreneurship Award for Youth and Gender Empowerment in Southeastern Nigeria: The Innocent Chukwuma Social Entrepreneurship Award honors a distinguished SIP Alumni in Southeastern Nigeria who has excelled and made a significant contribution to the fields of youth and gender empowerment since completing the Social Innovators Programme.
- Mr. Seyi Bickersteth Prize for Financial Accountability: In line with the objectives of the Social Innovators Programme (SIP) to provide international recognition and opportunities for fellows of the programme, LEAP is opening the Seyi Bickersteth Award for Financial Accountability again to honour an outstanding fellow of the SIP who has translated the learning and professional insights acquired from the fellowship programme into upholding financial accountability, transparency, and sustainability in their social enterprise.
- Open to young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Anglophone African Countries.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise/ Foundation in Anglophone African Countries.
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their venture/enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the commencement of the Fellowship.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted by December 22, 2022 at 11:59pm WAT. Late applications will not be considered.
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply