Motorola Solutions Foundation 2023 Grant (US$50,000) for Charitable Organizations
The Motorola Solutions Foundation is inviting applications from organizations for its Annual Grant Program.
The Motorola Solutions Foundation, which has donated more than $100 million in the last 10 years, aims to partner with organizations that are creating safer cities and thriving communities, and prioritizes underrepresented and/or underserved populations, including people of color and women, within the three focus areas below:
- Technology and engineering education;
- First responder programming;
- Blended first responder programming and technology/engineering education programs.
In 2022, they not only directed the majority of their grant funding to programs that directly benefited people of color, they also increased their funding to programs that specifically supported women.
- Reach people of color, women and other underrepresented and/or underserved populations within their focus areas below;
- Leverage robust partnerships with other nonprofit organizations and institutions;
- Support organizations that exhibit strong financial health;
- Support organizations with data-driven evaluation methods, including quantifiable metrics.
Grant Request Maximum
Grant Areas of Focus
- First Responder Programming
- Provide leadership development and training opportunities for underrepresented first responders, including people of color and women;
- Provide mental wellness and stress management trainings for first responders and their families;
- Provide wellness and scholarship support to families of fallen first responders;
- Prepare youth and young adults for careers in public safety through outreach, scholarship and educational programs;
- Offer safety preparedness and response training to schools, adults, students and first responders;
- Lead safety and disaster preparedness trainings for the public.
- Technology and Engeneering Education
- Engage students in innovative, hands-on technology and engineering activities, such as design, coding and robotics;
- Provide vocational skills, scholarships, certifications and workforce placement opportunities in engineering, information technology and data science;
- Equip teachers with the skills and training necessary to enhance instruction in technology and engineering;
- Prioritize school-aged students ages 8-18, college/university students and young adults.
With employees located around the globe, Motorola Solutions seeks to benefit the communities where it operates, and the Motorola Solutions Foundation prioritizes programs in these communities as well. The Foundation also prioritizes giving to universities from which Motorola Solutions recruits.
Application Deadline: 2-Feb-23
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply
Also Apply for the Strategic-Technical Support Program – Capacity Building for NGOs and CBOs