Nominations: Become a Young Global Leader – Class of 2023
Applications are now open for the 2023 Class of Young Global Leaders to accelerate the impact of a diverse community of responsible leaders across borders and sectors to shape a more inclusive and sustainable future.
- Inspire: YGLs are motivated to use their talent and influence to be a force for good. They cultivate collective and individual leadership to help develop informed, visionary global change-makers.
- Connect: YGLs believe that by pooling their diverse skills, experiences and networks they can achieve more together. They foster collaboration in the global public interest.
- Transform: YGLs are pioneering and bold. They identify and champion ways to scale-up, amplify and accelerate their impact, to make more of a difference in their communities and beyond.
The Forum of Young Global Leaders is an initiative of the World Economic Forum.
- Are between 28 and 38 years old at the time of nomination.
- Has 5-15 years of recognized achievements, leadership and outstanding professional work experience.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve society at local and global levels, has an impeccable record in the public eye, good standing in their community, self-awareness and a desire to learn.
- Candidates from the corporate sector must manage a corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles (or equivalent): president, chair of the board, chief executive officer, managing director, managing partner or publisher. At the Start-up/SME level, chief executive officer of chair of the board is preferred.
- If the company is a member or partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the chief executive officer or chair of the board of the respective company.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
31 May 2022 – Nomination period ends. Nominated candidates may be invited to submit a short application and will be notified of the outcome in the weeks following their nomination.
June – November 2022 – The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review.
December 2022 – An independent selection committee reviews finalist candidates.
March 2023 – A press announcement is released for the new class of Young Global Leaders.
Thank you for your interest in submitting a nomination for the YGL community. You can submit a nomination here.
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply
Also Apply for the Strategic-Technical Support Program – Capacity Building for NGOs and CBOs