The Obama Foundation’s Leaders program aims to inspire, empower, and connect regional cohorts of changemakers to accelerate positive and lasting change in their communities and throughout their region.
These emerging leaders from around the world, generally 24-45 years old, forge societies and communities rooted in shared values, where all people belong, participate, and thrive.
The Leaders program launched in Africa in 2018, expanded to Asia Pacific in 2019, and inaugurated Europe in 2020. During the Obama Foundation Democracy Forum in New York City, we announced our newest program in the United States.
Obama Foundation Leaders hail from a wide variety of nations and territories, work across public, private, and nonprofit sectors, and address a full range of social impact issues.
The Leaders program offers practical skill building for social change, leadership coaching, discussion of critical issues, and small group support. As participants, Leaders self-define a values-based foundation for sustained leadership, cultivate relationships with others to catalyze more inclusive, lasting change, and prepare to engage with issues at the systems level.
Upon completion of the program, Leaders will have gained a deeper understanding of how values-based leadership advances their ability to enact change. They will be inspired to take further action, propelled by new ideas and skills. Most importantly, Leaders will continue to gain a broader continental and global perspective, joining the Obama Leadership Network, a growing global alumni community of over 1,000 active changemakers.
Participants will gain:
- Fully Funded: All expenses, including travel and accommodation, are covered.
- Leadership Development: Engage in workshops, coaching, and mentorship to enhance your leadership abilities.
- Networking: Connect with other emerging leaders globally and build a strong support network.
- Skill Building: Learn crucial skills like project management, communication, and advocacy to impact your community positively.
- Resources: Access valuable resources from the Obama Foundation and its partners to advance your work.
Eligible candidates for this program are:
- Aged 24-45.
- Residents of eligible countries in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, or the United States.
- Actively working on creating positive change in their local communities, countries, or regions.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in their respective issue area.
- Proficient in English (both spoken and written).
How to Apply?
The application process for the Obama Foundation Leaders Program 2024 is straightforward:
- Create an Account: Sign up on the Obama Foundation website.
- Application Form: Fill out the form detailing your background, experience, and leadership aspirations.
- Essays: Submit two essays demonstrating your leadership experience and vision for positive change.
- Letters of Recommendation: Provide two references who can vouch for your leadership potential.
- Interview: If shortlisted, the Obama Foundation will contact you for an interview.
Application Deadline: 9th February 2024
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply