The 25th International AIDS Conference, will take place in Munich, Germany, and virtually from 22 to 26 July 2024. An estimated 15,000 participants from around the world will attend AIDS 2024, and the great majority will do so in person.
The International AIDS Conference is the premier global platform to advance the HIV response. As the world’s largest conference on HIV and AIDS, it sits uniquely at the intersection of science, advocacy and human rights, bringing together scientists, policy makers, healthcare professionals, people living with HIV, funders, media and communities. Since its start in 1985, the conference has served as an opportunity to strengthen policies and programmes that ensure an evidence-based response to HIV and related epidemics.
The 25th International AIDS Conference Scholarship applications are open. The scholarship is for students who wish to attend the 25th International AIDS Conference in person or virtually. The International AIDS Conference Scholarship covers the entire expenses of the selected applicant. Furthermore, the scholarship covers the expenses for attending the pre-conferences set to take place on 21 and 22 July. Applicants who are volunteering, working, or studying in the area of HIV can apply.
The 25th International AIDS Conference Scholarship 2024 aims to support applicants who want to contribute to the conference program. Additionally, the aim is to support those who can demonstrate that they will transfer the skills and knowledge acquired at the conference to their own organizations and communities. The conference will take place in Germany, Munich.
The 25th International AIDS Conference Scholarship 2024 benefits vary for in-person and virtual conference attendees.
- A limited number of scholarships will be awarded to media representatives.
- Pre-paid economy class return ticket from the nearest international airport in country of residence for the dates of the conference and pre-conferences
- Accommodations for the duration of the conference and pre-conferences
- Daily living allowance for the duration of the conference and pre-conferences
- Virtual attendance: Registration for virtual attendance and accessibility support for the virtual attendance.
The eligibility criteria for the 25th International AIDS Conference Scholarship 2024 are as follows. Note: the scholarship is open to anyone working, volunteering, or studying in the area of HIV, and is above the age of 18 (as of 20 July 2024)
- Individuals selected for the conference as workshop facilitators, co-facilitators, abstract presenters, and Global Village organizers and co-organizers will participate.
- Abstract presenters; workshop facilitators and co-facilitators; and Global Village organizers and co-organizers whose submission has been selected for the conference
- Applicants from middle-income or low-income countries
- Those who are part of the population and people living with HIV
- Junior investigators, and young people below the age of 35
- Additionally, consideration will be provided for those who have not previously received the scholarship
To apply, eligible candidates will have to answer questions about their background, experience, and motivation to attend the conference. They will have to upload a letter of recommendation, which must:
- Be written in English by a manager or colleague who is familiar with their work, volunteer experience, or studies in HIV and can be their referee
- Include the letterhead of the referee’s organization, company, or institution
- Be dated within two months of the application submission and signed (original or digital signature) by the referee
- Explicitly reference them and support their scholarship application for AIDS 2024, explaining why they would be a good candidate for the scholarship
Application Deadline: January 23, 2024.
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply