The Slow Food Foundation is pleased to announce a call for applications to provide direct support (through incubator grants) to global activities, particularly those projects that support and promote quality food and beverage while helping to preserve cultural and biological diversity and elevate consumer education and knowledge exchange.
They want to support community-led projects that are leading the transformation of the global food system through preserving cultural and biological diversity, promoting food and beverage education and knowledge exchange, and raising awareness on critical food and beverage issues.
Those projects must contribute to achieve the expected Goals of the Fund:
- Implement change in local food and beverage systems by adopting more sustainable and inclusive practices.
- Increase synergies between diverse stakeholders in the food chain, building partnerships between producers and local partners, and creating long-term robust local food economies.
- Support the world of production that preserves cultural and biological diversity and on the other hand consumer education and knowledge exchange.
- The incubator grants of the Fund will include three levels:
- Small Grants: From USD $3,000 to USD $5,000
- Medium Grants: From USD $5,001 to USD $10,000
- Large Grants: From USD $10,001 to USD $15,000
- The Slow Food Negroni Week Fund is open to individuals and organizations of all types around the word. This means that all countries are eligible countries.
- The Slow Food Negroni Week Fund is open to individuals and organizations of all types that prioritize and work closely with the food, beverage and hospitality sector and who intend to carry out activities in line with the goals of the fund and with Slow Food principles.
- The Incubator grants are aimed at Individuals and communities working as collective projects with companies, individuals and stakeholders committed to achieving change in local food and beverage systems by adopting more sustainable and inclusive practices. They represent examples of replicable good practices to create tangible change in food production, processing, distribution and consumption.
Application Deadline: 30-Apr-23
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply