Are you an emerging artist or storyteller on the pulse of entrepreneurship in Africa? Apply for the Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund.
The Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund calls for applications from emerging artists, journalists and content creators including bloggers, vloggers, and podcasters whose work offers a more contemporary and authentic narrative of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs in Africa.
Named after patron, African business leader and philanthropist, Tony 0. Elumelu, the project is jointly funded by Heirs Insurance and Heirs Life Assurance.
The Fund will award grants worth between $500 and $2000 to each selected participant.
What kind of projects are you looking for?
This Fund is awarded to content creators in two categories, Media and Arts.
- Media includes Bloggers, Vloggers and Journalists.
- Examples of projects: A series of published articles identifying innovative tech entrepreneurs, a vlog that showcases entrepreneurs in underrepresented areas, a blog that shines the light on new African innovation.
- Arts grants will be made to photographers, filmmakers, sketch artists, painters, and digital artists.
- Examples of projects: A lighthearted, comedic short film telling the story of an 11-year old budding entrepreneur, a photography series of Africa’s Top entrepreneurs etc.
What type of content is ANF looking to support?
- They’re particularly keen on supporting storytellers telling an interesting, unique story about Entrepreneurship in Africa; stories amplify unheard voices, challenge global perspectives and introduce contemporary narratives.
- The Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund allows for lots of creativity and innovation – think about what you want your reader or viewer to take away from this work and the type of impact you want to create, locally and globally.
- Eligibility Applicants must be aged between 18 and 35 years and living on the continent or in the Diaspora.
- They must have a platform or portfolio of work that shifts stereotypical narratives about youth and entrepreneurship in Africa.
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply