Thought for Food Challenge for Innovators Worldwide (US$ 30,000 Cash)
The TFF Challenge is the world’s largest, most diverse, and impact-focused food and agriculture innovation challenge which calls on visionary entrepreneurs (like you!) in every region of the world to submit creative solutions to the prevailing question: “How do we feed 10 billion people on a hotter planet?”
“How do we feed 10 billion people on a hotter planet?” This is a big and purposefully broad question – They want you to think about it and address it in a way that is meaningful to you and your market.
The TFF Challenge is a collaborative competition, where they encourage you to work together and openly share ideas and experiences between teams. They believe that change can only happen (fast) if they work alongside each other and leverage the collective power of this amazing global community that TFF brings together. So, welcome to the TFF family.
- The TFF Challenge is looking for locally-relevant solutions that can be scaled globally and which address a wide range of pressing challenges across all parts of the food value chain from production to distribution through to consumption and waste.
- Teams are called on to leverage science and technology breakthroughs in areas like artificial intelligence, robotics, fintech and biotechnology, and to utilise inclusive business models such as circularity, open data, and sharing economy.
In addition to the topical prizes, the following solution areas are of particular interest:
- nutritious foods;
- novel flavours and aromas;
- alternative proteins;
- regenerative agricultural production systems (crops, aquaculture, livestock);
- controlled environment agriculture;
- appropriate technology for smallholders;
- and transparent and inclusive supply chains.
Perks and Prizes
The TFF Challenge will without any doubts transform your life and propel your career as a social business leader. By submitting your pitch you will have the chance to win:
- $30,000+ USD in cash grants from TFF and partners
- Invitation to the TFF Academy, a personalized 4-month acceleration program, hands-on mentoring, pitch training, and industry introductions
- Chance to get a professional production of a short documentary film about your solution
- Pitch to investors and industry leaders at the global TFF Summit
- Additional perks offered by TFF’s broad network of partners, including licenses to software, datasets, and training sessions
- Access to life-changing connections from TFF’s global change-maker community
- The TFF Challenge is a place for anyone who wants to build feasible solutions that steer the future towards sustainable, nourishing and resilient food systems. They are calling on scientists, designers, engineers, marketers, farmers, developers, and anyone else passionate about the future of our food.
- No background in food and agriculture needed.
- Participants are asked to form teams of at least 2 members or directly sign up with an existing team.
They are working with visionary leaders in the industry to drive solutions in strategic areas of interest. As a TFF Challenge participant you are automatically considered for the Topical Prizes too, for the chance to win additional in-kind prizes from the partners:
- Nutrition in Africa – Improving Feed Prize: How might they improve animal and livestock health via nutritious and sustainable feeds? (With DSM). Sustainable Farming Inputs Prize: How might they enable farmers to learn about and use sustainable farming methods and make informed decisions that help them to integrate biologicals into their practices? (With Hello Nature).
- The Business Case for Regeneration Prize: How do they make regenerative agriculture profitable to create a strong case for planet and people? (With Danone).
- Web3 in Agriculture Prize: How can they leverage and integrate Web3 approaches to accelerate the transition to more open, inclusive, transparent, resilient food and agricultural systems? (With Cargill).
- Food Security and Resilience Prize: How might they support smallholder farmers and poor, vulnerable populations who are affected by the triple threats of Covid, Climate Change and Conflicts? (With World Food Forum)
And more to come!
All pitch submissions are eligible for the TFF Challenge prizes. All teams will go through the same TFF Challenge program regardless of whether they want to apply for a specific prize or not.
Download the participant Toolkit here
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply
Also Apply for the Strategic-Technical Support Program – Capacity Building for NGOs and CBOs