UN SDG Action Awards Programme 2023 for Change Agents Worldwide
Does your initiative Flip the Script and bring positive change and transformative solutions to the most pressing challenges by mobilizing, inspiring or connecting hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of individuals towards the vision of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development? If yes, then apply for the 2023 UN SDG Action Awards programme.
The UN SDG Action Campaign is seeking initiatives and individuals that make a difference on the ground and Flip the Script, turning fear into hope, vulnerability into resilience, war into peace, and division into unity.
The UN SDG Action Awards is a signature programme of the UN SDG Action Campaign, seeking initiatives and individuals that mobilize, inspire and connect people to drive positive change. Over 3,000 applications and nominations are received annually from 150+ countries. Finalists and winners will be unveiled and celebrated at an inspiring and creative UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony, livestreamed globally.
- Mobilize: Initiatives that turn apathy into action by mobilizing hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of individuals to take action for the SDGs. They are seeking initiatives with high impact, typically involving collective and coordinated actions that mobilize people to Flip the Script and achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Inspire: Initiatives that harness the power of creativity to inspire positive change and shift behaviour for the SDGs. They are seeking initiatives and inspirational campaigns that Flip the Script to shift individual behaviour and/or public policies.
- Connect: Initiatives that turn division into unity by connecting diverse sectors and partners – from citizens to institutions – to accelerate progress on the SDGs. They are seeking initiatives that Flip the Script and connect people, organizations, and institutions to harness commitments and accountability towards the SDGs.
- Changemaker: Outstanding individuals who demonstrate that the power is in the hands to Flip the Script and enact transformative change. Their actions had an extraordinary impact towards the SDGs on the ground whilst empowering communities and creating a multiplying effect.
- All sectors are encouraged to apply. Initiatives led by United Nations entities, national governments or partners of the UN SDG Action Campaign will only be considered for honorable mentions.
- Applicants are encouraged to reapply if they have a new initiative that fits the criteria of the UN SDG Action Awards or if there have been further impacts achieved by a previous submission.
- Applicants may submit a maximum of two applications, provided they are linked to two different initiatives.
Application Deadline: 30-Apr-23
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply
Also Apply for the Strategic-Technical Support Program – Capacity Building for NGOs and CBOs