VISA Everywhere Initiative 2023 for Innovators Worldwide (US$ 50,000)
If you are looking for an opportunity to showcase your innovative fintech startup to the world, a platform to gain recognition and build credibility and a chance to win prize money, the Visa Everywhere Initiative competition is for you. Ready to change the game? Then Apply now.
This year’s competition will be hosted at the TechCrunch Disrupt event on September 19th in San Francisco.
- For 2023, they will continue with an ‘always on’ style recruitment form that will be live through December 2023. This form of recruitment will not be specific to a program or region, but rather the intent is to notify Participants about upcoming opportunities with Visa and/or Visa clients. Applications submitted through this form of recruitment will be considered for each applicable competition, which provides a great stage for Participants to demonstrate their ground-breaking solutions and get the attention their Company needs.
Awards and Benefits
- Global Finals: The Global Overall Award Recipient will be awarded $50,000 (USD). Visa Direct will determine the Visa Direct Award Recipient in their sole discretion who will be awarded $10,000 (USD). Additionally, those in attendance at the Global Finals will determine the Global Finals Audience Choice Award Recipient in their sole discretion (as further described in Section #8) who will be awarded $10,000 (USD).
- CEMEA: At the conclusion of the CEMEA Regional Finals, the CEMEA Regional-Finalist that is deemed the CEMEA GlobalFinalist will be awarded $20,000 (USD) and have the opportunity to present at the Global Finals. The Risk Award Recipient will be awarded $25,000 (USD). Additionally, those in attendance at the CEMEA Regional Finals will determine the CEMEA Regional Finals Audience Choice Award Recipient in their sole discretion who will be awarded $10,000 (USD).
- Kenya: Prior to the CEMEA Regional Finals, the Kenya Overall Award Recipient will be awarded $20,000 (USD) and will be deemed a CEMEA Regional Finalist. The Impact Award Recipient will be awarded $10,000 (USD). Additionally, those in attendance at the Kenya local event will determine the Kenya Audience Choice Award Recipient in their sole discretion (as further described in Section #8) who will be awarded $10,000 (USD).
- Saudi Arabia: Prior to the CEMEA Regional Finals, the Saudi Arabia Overall Award Recipient will be awarded $40,000 (USD) and will be deemed a CEMEA Regional Finalist. The Saudi Arabia Second Place Award Recipient will be awarded $27,000 (USD). The Saudi Arabia Third Place Award Recipient will be awarded $13,000 USD. The Impact Award Recipient will be awarded $13,000 (USD). Additionally, the Bahrain Overall Award Recipient will be awarded $40,000 (USD) and the Oman Overall Award Recipient will be awarded $40,000 (USD).
- South Africa: Prior to the CEMEA Regional Finals, the South Africa Overall Award Recipient will be awarded $20,000 (USD) and will be deemed a CEMEA Regional Finalist. The South Africa Second Place Award Recipient will be awarded $10,000 (USD). The Impact Award Recipient will be awarded $10,000 (USD). Additionally, those in attendance at the South Africa local event will determine the South Africa Audience Choice Award Recipient in their sole discretion who will be awarded $10,000 (USD).
- Non-Monetary Benefits: Aside from the monetary award identified, Visa will hold one (1) or more mentorship meetings for the Global Overall Award Recipient. At the mentorship meeting(s), representatives from Visa or its designee(s) (selected at Visa’s sole discretion) will discuss the Global Overall Award Recipient’s Company and may provide informal business insights and advice. The mentorship meeting(s) will take place at a location of Visa’s choosing and the Global Overall Award Recipient may participate in-person, via telephone, or via videoconference. You and your Company will be solely responsible for any and all expenses relating to attendance at such mentoring meeting(s) with Visa. The location of such meeting(s) will be determined by Visa in itssole discretion. You may elect to participate in such meeting(s) in-person or via telephone or mutually available videoconferencing service. Visa makes no promises or guarantees, and shall have no responsibility or liability, with respect to any mentorship, insights or advice provided in connection with the Initiative (including in relation to results or success).
- All taxes and costs related to any award or benefit are the sole responsibility of the recipient unless otherwise required by law. All award items or benefits must be accepted as awarded/provided (with no substitutions), and may not be sold or transferred. Visa’s designee will fulfill the awards as a wire transfer to each award recipient. You agree that Visa has no liability for any award or payment thereof to the extent that Visa has provided and documented the fulfillment of such funds for such award to its designee.
What they’re looking for?
- They are looking for products that deliver innovative payment and commerce solutions to consumers and businesses. These include but are not limited to:
- Enablers of digital services and digital issuers
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Banking as a service
- BIN sponsors
- Issuer/ Processors
- Program managers
- Digital issuance
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Alternative lending
- Personal financial management
- Money transfer and remittance
- Digital banking (aka neobanks)
- Digital wallets, P2P, and transfers
- Employee benefits
- Corporate cards (aka expense management)
- Enablers of digital services and digital issuers
- Value-add for merchants and/or consumers in regard to finance
- Data and analytics
- ID, authentication, and security
- Merchant services and tools
- Process and pay infrastructure
- Retail technology
- Small/medium-sized business
- Money movement (disbursements, intra-account, P2P vendor, payments)
- Acceptance (e-commerce, mobile acceptance)
- Risk management (chargebacks, etc.)
- Brand management (community building, etc.)
- New categories
- Sustainable Fintechs
- Urban Mobility
- Each Participant must be an owner or employee of the Company acting in the exercise of his/her/their commercial or independent professional activity and must be a legal resident of an Eligible Market in his/her/their Region, as defined in Addendum A. Participant must also be at least 18 years old (or at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) at the time of registration. In addition, employees, officers and directors of Visa, its affiliates, or its designee(s) may register but are not eligible to participate in any of the virtual or in-person competitions and any awards for the Initiative as detailed herein.
- Additional Participation Guidelines – Visa may request valid proof of eligibility, including with respect to identity, corporate organization, age and other relevant documentation, and may disqualify a Participant at any time without notice for any reason, including, without limitation, if Visa determines (in its sole discretion) that the provided proof is not sufficient or the Participant does not otherwise meet the Initiative’s eligibility criteria, or the Participant fails to comply with these Terms or attempts in any way to disrupt or undermine the Initiative or to circumvent any of these Terms.
- You are not required to make any purchase or pay any fee to register for, or participate or receive an award or other recognition in, the Initiative nor will you be required to make available any ownership or equity stake in your Company. However, you and your Company (if applicable) are responsible for all expenses you may choose to incur in the course of developing your Submission. Visa will reimburse all reasonable travel expenses, subject to verification by Visa or its agent, associated with presenting virtually and/or in-person for the Initiative, up to $2,000 per Company.
- You are not eligible to participate in the Initiative if you or your Company meet one (1) or more of the following criteria:
- You or your Company has won a previous Visa Everywhere Initiative (unless there is a new viable product, service, solutions or innovation);
- You or your Company has signed a commercial agreement with Visa; or
- You or your Company is a Visa principal member.
Application Deadline Details
- Regional Competition Deadlines:
- Saudi, South Africa, and Kenya : Sunday, May 14th
- Rest of Central Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Monday, May 22nd
- Asia Pacific: Monday, May 29th
- Europe: Monday, June 5th
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Monday, June 12th
- North America: Monday, June 26th
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply
Also Apply for the Strategic-Technical Support Program – Capacity Building for NGOs and CBOs