Applications are now open for the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge 2022. The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge is the first-of-its-kind global competition for social entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to act to create the world they want by 2030.
The WE Empower Challenge honors innovative women leaders from around the world who are pushing the SDGs forward through sustainable business practices and inspiring others to follow suit. The opportunity recognizes their innovative work and provides Awardees with capacity-building training sessions and opportunities to connect with an unparalleled global network to advance their enterprises. This program elevates and showcases the valuable contribution women entrepreneurs and business leaders can make toward the SDGs and solving the world’s greatest challenges.
- Honor: Honor innovative women entrepreneurs who are supporting and achieving the SDGs through sustainable business practices and inspiration for others to follow suit.
- Invest: Invest in the most inspiring and transformational women entrepreneurs – providing access to seed capital, unique trainings, capacity building, and a network of their peers, visibility and credibility for their work.
- Ignite: Ignite awareness among a global community of stakeholders of the valuable contribution women entrepreneurs can make in contributing to the SDGs and the obstacles they still face.
Awardees will also participate in a dynamic pitch competition, hosted by fashion designer, activist and Vital Voices Board Member Diane von Furstenberg, to present their business for the opportunity to receive a $20,000 grant.
Applicants must identify which world region they are located in from the following regions:
- Europe and North America
- Middle East and North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Latin America and Caribbean
- be a woman entrepreneur with lead decision making ability in a business or organization
- have a business/organization that has been in operation for more than three years
- employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)
- have a business/organization that generates at least $100,000 USD in annual sales or revenue
- be proficient in spoken and written English
- be at least 21 years old
- be available to travel to New York, NY and participate in all events from Friday, September 17 through Saturday, September 25 2022 (COVID-19 travel restrictions permitting) AND if necessary, I am able participate in a virtual program from August through October 2022.
How to Apply
The 2022 WE Empower UN SDG Challenge application is now open. All applications are due by April 15, 2022.
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply