The WE (women entrepreneurs) Empower UN SDG Challenge is the first-of-its-kind global competition for women social entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030. The WE Empower Challenge honors innovative women leaders from around the world who are pushing the SDGs forward through sustainable business practices and inspiring others to follow suit.
The opportunity recognizes their innovative work and provides Awardees with capacity-building training sessions and opportunities to connect with an unparalleled global network to advance their enterprises. This program elevates and showcases the valuable contribution women social entrepreneurs and business leaders can make toward the SDGs and solving the world’s greatest challenges.
- In 2023, the WE Empower Challenge Awardees will participate in events surrounding the 78th UN General Assembly as well as connect with renowned business experts from around the world.
- Awardees will also participate in a dynamic pitch competition, hosted by fashion designer, activist and Vital Voices Board Member Diane von Furstenberg, to present their business for the opportunity to receive a $20,000 grant.
- You are a woman entrepreneur with lead decision making ability in a business or organization
- Your business/organization has been in operation for more than three years
- You employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)
- Your business/organization generates at least $75,000 USD in annual sales or revenue
- You are proficient in spoken and written English
- You are at least 21 years old
- You are available to travel to New York, NY and participate in all events from Monday, September 18 through Saturday, September 24 2023 (COVID-19 travel restrictions permitting) and if necessary, I am able to participate in a virtual program from August through October 2023.
- Your business or organization has a substantial impact on the SDGs and a clear vision for how their business will create the future we want in 2030.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 16, 2023
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply