Applications are open for the WSA Young Innovators Award, a special recognition for young people under 26 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
- Government & Citizen Engagement
- Services | Open data | Democratic participation
- Health & Wellbeing
- Medical care | Sport | Lifestyle
- Learning & Education
- Knowledge | Science | Skills
- Environment & Green Energy
- Climate | Sustainable Resources | Agriculture
- Culture & Heritage
- Heritage | Entertainment | Subcultures
- Smart Settlements & Urbanization
- Mobility | Productive Work | Sustainable Living
- Business & Commerce
- Innovative Services | Security | Finance | Marketing
- Inclusion & Empowerment
- Diversity | Gender | Justice | Human Rights
Which Digital Solutions are suitable for WSA?
- Submissions for the WSA can contain digital content applications with a clear impact on society, such as: apps, webpages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, sms based products, mobile games and interactive mobile productions. WSA accepts devices and hardware solutions, but it needs to be guaranteed that the solution is properly working. Applicants need to provide a price list and user numbers.
- There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the solutions work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, prototypes, demonstrations or unfinished projects can be accepted. The solution needs to prove that it is a working product and demonstrate some local impact.
- All submitted products must clear Innovation, Updates, New Features if founded more than 2 years ahead of nomination.
- A product can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same organization, company or team, each product requires a separate registration. Submissions which have been nominated in the WSA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a solution which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions.
WSA Contest Language
- The interface of the products can be in any of the United Nations official languages. All producer and solution information in the WSA database must however be in English. The official language of the WSA is English and must be used in all official communication.
Who can apply?
- WSA is open to any company, organisation or individual in any UN and UNESCO member state.
- The participation in the WSA Young Innovators award is restricted to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team, where at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team is under the age of 26 (born on or after January 1, 1997) from any of the UN and UNESCO member states.
Application Deadline: 10-Nov-23
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply