As the only organisation dedicated to youth entrepreneurship globally, at Youth Business International (YBI), we know that entrepreneurship is transformative and that when youth-led businesses thrive, they create new jobs, shape local communities, and drive economic growth.
In 2024, we’re expanding our biannual Global Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards into a five-day bootcamp for a cohort of underserved, high performing youth businesses – some of the best young entrepreneurs currently working with our global network of members.
The Bootcamp – which is available to young entrepreneurs supported by YBI members, is free to apply to and includes all expenses paid – will take place in London for five days in June 2024. It will focus on delivering transformational learning experiences and building global business relationships. The 30 participants will exchange and learn with experts, develop their entrepreneurial growth mindset, refine pitch skills and master effective leadership, all while networking with peers and business leaders to form lasting supportive relationships.
Participants can expect a multitude of benefits, including:
- Insights from successful entrepreneurs
- Developing strategies for scaling businesses
- Mastery of entrepreneurial storytelling
- Cultivating a growth mindset
- Enhancing leadership skills and emotional intelligence
- Participation in strategic networking masterclasses
- Improving pitching techniques and showcasing abilities
- Networking with notable founders and influencers
- Experiencing the vibrant city of London
Global Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
Bootcamp participants will have the exclusive opportunity to be shortlisted for the Global Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards and monetary prizes. There are three categories.
- Social entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurs leading a business with the primary goal of addressing and solving societal challenges, e.g. poverty, inequality, education, and healthcare.
- Climate entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurs leading a business with the primary goal of combatting climate change and its associated challenges, working in areas such as energy efficiency, carbon capture, waste management, sustainable agriculture, water resource management, climate adaptation, etc.
- Sustainable entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurs leading a business that integrates economic, social and environmental considerations into its core operations and decision-making.
The remaining 21 young entrepreneurs will continue to have access to an online networking platform for the whole cohort where they can continue to share challenges and successes and support their peers who have been shortlisted for the awards.
But that’s not all! In addition to the Bootcamp, participants will have the opportunity to compete for monetary prizes in the Global Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, with the minimum prize for the highest winner being a $10,000 grant.
YBI will also cover flights, visas, accommodation, and catering for Bootcamp participants, as well as flights, visas, and accommodation for the nine finalists attending the pitch day and awards ceremony at the Global Youth Entrepreneurship Summit.
YBI BootCamp Requirements
To be eligible for theYBI BootCamp, applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Applicants must be born between November 1, 1989, and January 1, 2006.
- Applicants should currently receive or have received support from a YBI member within the past 24 months.
- Participants must be entrepreneurs or business owners in the Impact Entrepreneurship sector.
- Businesses should be operational for at least three years with a proven track record of launching multiple projects.
- Financial analysis of the business should indicate high growth potential.
- The business should be a potential candidate for one of the three Global Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards categories.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 16 February 2024.
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply