Nominations are now open for Cisco Youth Leadership Award, which invites young individuals aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending extreme poverty.
The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the United Nation’s Global Goals, and accelerate global problem solving.
The award includes a US$250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- Global Citizenship
Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- Technology Innovation
Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
- This award is looking for a young person who is making extraordinary progress towards one or more of the Global Goals;
- This award is looking for organizations that use an IT-based solution to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact. A qualifying IT-based solution is one that produces greater impact, at a lower cost, higher quality, with stronger outcomes – and also enables specific metrics for social outcome to be gathered and reported;
- This award is looking for a transformative leader who is having an impact;
- They accept applications from all over the world, with the exception of countries and entities subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize money;
- They accept applications from any individual who is doing impactful work and who has a registered legal entity such as non-profit, for-profit, B-corp, social enterprise, etc.
- The Prize will be awarded to an individual, but the money will be allocated to their nominated organization that the individual works for.
Application Deadline: 20-Jan-23
Also Read: Other Opportunities to Apply